1) Do you do tastings?
Yes, at our first meeting, if possible, We offer a sampling of our most popular chicken, vegetable, and starch menu items.
2) What if I want to sample of other types of foods prior to my event?
After you become a booked client, you, your fiance, family/bridal party members are invited to attend our open houses where we rotate our buffet menu along with the addition of some specialty items.
3) What is the deposit to secure your services?
$1000-$2500 which comes off the final balance due two weeks prior to the event.
4) What if I need some time to think about your services or visit with some more catering companies?
Because we cater only one to three events A WEEK, and take every 5th weekend off, our services stay frequently booked. We are happy to hold your date and any quoted pricing for up to SEVEN DAYS after your initial meeting. If you are comparing caterers, please make Catering By Robert your last appointment.
5) What sets your catering business apart from others in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota areas?
Well informed clients tell us that we have the most complete event package they have found locally for an elegant, first class celebration. They said they appreciate that we can quote exact pricing with no surprise charges at the end.
6) You claim your food is of high quality.
What exactly does that mean?
Chef Robert maintains certain standards when it comes to freshness and presentation. One difference is that even though almost all of the food comes hot and pre-cooked, sauces and chicken or sauces and pasta are not put together until right before serving.
The same standard applies to vegetables. When a stove is not available on site, he brings a portable burner to cook them just prior to being put on the plate or on the buffet line.
There are some menu items the Chef will only do as a live station unless there is a full kitchen available.
We also purchase locally and have done so long BEFORE the Farm-To-Table trend. Chef Robert personally inspects fresh market items to assure quality.
7) When do I need to make a firm decision on the number of guests and menu choices?
We do not need to know those things until two weeks prior to your event when the final balance is due.
8) I noticed that you have different pricing for your services when it is held at a private home. Can you explain why your regular menus and pricing is different for destination weddings at these locations?
Weddings and events at private homes usually have a smaller guest count but require an enormous amount of planning and labor. All Florida Loves Weddings packages include necessary tables and chairs along with more intense logistical planning. Often we have to create a preparation area from scratch or bring in our own water supply.
Because there is no "hall manager or liaision," we must also act on the behalf of the owner of the home to make certain events do not damage the house or affect the surrounding neighborhood/municipality.
9) What can I expect the first meeting besides a food tasting?
We thoroughly go over every aspect of our services from start to finish. We have albums of recent events to share. Most importantly WE LISTEN to your ideas and offer general ideas of how we can accomplish your goals.
10) At this initial meeting, will you be able to quote me pricing on upgrades such as fresh flowers, specialty linens, lighting, or chivari chairs?
While we can give a range of these costs, we prefer until you become a booked client and meet with your own EVENT DESIGNER to create a decor proposal with pricing. Then you can see your ideas in action during one of our open houses where we feature client guest tables.Your concepts are very important to us. We strive help you achieve your goals within your budget.
Sometimes it takes some months of correspondence and meetings to accomplish this. We also want you to "see your design ideas in action" to feel confident special upgrades are worth the extra cost.
11) If I furnish favors and other guest table elements, will your staff place these for me?
Yes, as long as the items are fully constructed and need no arranging, we would be glad to put them on your tables. The same goes for place cards if you put them in alphabetical order.
12) Why should all linen and hard good rentals have to be acquired through you?
In the past we have allowed clients to furnish such things as chair ties and overlays, only to find out that they were substandard in quality and badly reflected upon our business.
Also, because some items take special handling and installation, we may need to build in extra costs.
CALL US WITH QUESTIONS!